ADVERT

PLACE YOUR POLITICAL, BUSINESS AND ANY ADVERTS/EVENTS ON THIS BLOG:
MORE INFORMATION! CALL 07031041536

Wednesday 30 April 2014

FAYOSE, OLUBOLADE MEND FENCES




FAYOSE, OLUBOLADE MEND FENCES

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain and former Police Affairs minister, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade (rtd.) has finally mended fences with the party’s governorship candidate, Mr. Ayo Fayose, after their political relationship turned sour barely a month ago.

At a meeting with PDP members and supporters in Ipoti-Ekiti, the duo promised to work together to send the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) out of office come June 21 this year.


Olubolade said he was not a fair weather politician and would always abide with the decision of the party. His words: “For those asking why I have kept quiet all this while, I say there is no time limit to speak. I am not a politician who goes in search of greener pasture here and there. I am a disciplined party man and would always abide with the decisions of party leaders and I am not the type who would betray his leader. “

“ I have my followers. They will vote for you (Fayose). You will get there. I will work for you. You are a grassroots man. My main assignment is for Fayose to win and he will see the effect of my work.”

According to him, “APC is running a government of deceit and it must be booted out,” adding that Fayemi has put Ekiti in the valley of death and the state must be rescued and only Fayose can do that,” he said.

On the invitation sent to him by some APC leaders to join their party, Olubolade said they were only chasing shadows.

In his response, Fayose said enemies of his party have been put to shame, saying, “Those who thought PDP would collapse after the primary have been put to shame because our party has come out stronger.

“The primary has strenghtened our party. All the aspirants are qualified to be our party’s candidate and I am assuring you that we will work together,” Fayose maintained. assuring that he would carry everybody along.

“I will represent your interest. No one will be neglected. I am now more mature. I will take wise counsel, share ideas. This PDP will stand. I am a very transparent man. As for 2015, I will work to see that President Goodluck Jonathan wins South-West votes. I want you all to go and get your voter cards, so that you can vote on election day,” Fayose said. Both Olubolade and Fayose later addressed rallies in Ipoti, Iloro andIjurin among other places.

No comments: